4.30.2012

"This semester sure is marching along, huh?" -Hillary N.

The semester is winding down (thank GOODNESS; this has been the longest semester of my life!) and I've once again realized that I've shirked my blogging responsibilities. But my absence makes my blog posts not only more exciting (because I'll actually have things to talk about), but it also makes them more valuable (supply and demand... ha! just kidding).
School, though the semester has been DRAGGING, has actually been going really well, other than the surprisingly few number of times I've attended my Anatomy class this semester.... But I am seriously in love with my career choice. I realize how perfect Speech-Language Pathology is for me with every class I take, which is incredibly exciting. I mean, I better have found a career path that I love after having been in college for 6 years (only 2 semesters left to go for my Bachelors Degree!!). I've been planning on pursuing a degree in Communicative Disorders for a few years, but I hadn't taken any CDDS courses so I was nervous that upon transferring to Fresno State and taking my first round of classes, I would hate it and have to start all over with the whole "choosing a major/career goal" process, which sucks (side note: In my Student Development class at BC, I had to take the Strong Interest Inventory, which supposedly analyzes your hobbies, interests, and personality traits and gives you a list of career paths that would be best suited for you individually. Well, my results revealed that I am destined to be a horse shoer. What the heck? I pretty much don't even like horses.). So hooray! I don't have to become a horse shoer! The only thing that worries me at this point is getting into grad school because the program is super competitive and I'm kind of a lazy student. They only admit 25 students every semester and my less than competitive GPA is probably going to hurt my chances a little bit and the GRE scares me. But I have back up plans, so I'm not incredibly worried.
So there's an update on school. I would encourage you all to look into Speech Language Pathology if you are unsure of your career plans (even those of you who have degrees... ;)).

1 comment:

  1. It so did not tell you to be a horse shoer, did it? Good job on almost having a degree!!

    ReplyDelete