1.23.2012

Lacrimosa

So, Britney and I watched The Tree of Life on Saturday. We didn't get it. So then we read some explanations of the movie, and it made us want to watch it again. I liked it. Britney didn't. But, we both agree that it was a visually beautiful film, and the music is so so good.

I've listened to "Lacrimosa 2" by this guy named Zbigniew Preisner (who I guess is like the John Williams of Poland) about a thousand times since seeing the movie. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. Just thought you'd want to know.

6 comments:

  1. The music was so good. I really didn't get the film either, but I too thought it was beautiful. I need to watch it again. The whole time it was showing the creation of the earth I was thinking how awesome it would be if that were the temple video. haha Anyway, we are going to Sundance this week, the first time since I've lived in Utah. My goal is to kiss a few celebrities. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS You guys need to see Hugo and The Artist if you haven't already. Those and Midnight in Paris were the best films of 2011 (according to me)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May luck be wished upon you. Hey, what's a pirate's favorite movie of 2011? The Arrrtist. You're a pirate, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this movie. I'm not really all that interested in seeing it, to be honest. I mean, yeah, I get the whole "visually stunning" thing, but I'd need to see it on Blu-Ray, which I don't have. So there it is.

    Also, I love the song you posted. It's beautiful.

    Also, you really do need to see Hugo and The Artist. Great films.

    Also, Marie better stay away from Joseph Gordon-Levitt's lips, because they're mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw Hugo, actually, but we haven't seen The Artist, so it sounds like we will have to do that!

    ReplyDelete